How to Make Paper Mache Indian Dolls
There are two ways to prepare paper mache. one way is by layering strips of paper and glue while the other is to use paper pulp (obtained by boiling or soaking paper) mixed with glue.
to make a doll by the first method,
- Tear some paper into strips
- make a glue mixture: you can make one using flour or using regular glue
- for the flour mixture, keep 1/2 cup of water to boil. then, mix 1/2 cup each of flour and cold water and 3/4 tsp of salt together. combine this mixture with the boiling water and cook until it forms a thick paste
- for the other mixture, mix together 1 part water to 3 parts glue
- take a support ( one can be made using wire)and keep layering paper and glue until you reach the desired shape
leave it to dry completely before painting
How to clean paper mache dolls
Since paper mache dolls are made of paper, they may spoil on getting wet. Try cleaning it using a clean, damp cloth and, taking care not to wet the surface, gently massage the grime off.
How to Repair Paper Mache Dolls
402 total views, 3 views today